Thank you for your report!
IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Goodbye! and best wishes in your recovery
Updated: September 8, 2021 12:00 PM
Covid-19 OSHA Complaint, Meijer Express Gas Station, 21501 Cleveland Road, SOUTH BEND, IN, 46628, USA
1 month ago
Employer not mandating masks to be worn when sign on door says masks are required.
Source: Osha.gov | Receipt Date: 2020-10-11
2 months ago
1. Meijer does not enforce the mask mandate to customers at the door or throughout the store. Not a word is said to anybody who walks in without one. This has been observed at several stores including the Alpine Ave, Jenison and Standale locations.
Source: Osha.gov | Receipt Date: 2020-10-19
2 months ago
Meijer is not enforcing the wearing of masks. Contractors, customers, and employees can often be seen without a mask. This is seen on a daily basis. When concerns about this are brought to management and HR, nothing is done to fix the problem.
Source: Osha.gov | Receipt Date: 2020-10-02
Covid-19 OSHA Complaint, Meijer - Grocery Department, 5349 Pike Plaza Rd, INDIANAPOLIS, IN, 46254, USA
2 months ago
Multiple Positive cases of COVID and no cleaning measures are taking place
Source: Osha.gov | Receipt Date: 2020-11-18
1. A lot of equipment that employees use on a daily basis is old and broken, and resulting in injuries. Recently an employee was utilizing an "M-Cart" (which are old, difficult to use, and are used for stocking groceries) on the sales floor when their hand was... crushed resulting in a broken finger. Other employees have received broken toes while using these. Another example is the use of "flattops". "Flattops" are used for stocking and they are equipped with step ladders that are intended to lock, so that when climbed the wheels don't move and the ladder is sturdy and remains in place. Most of these "flattops" have been broken and do not lock in place; an employee runs the risk of falling and getting injured. Employees run into these with the Hi-Lo and thats how most of the equipment gets damaged, because people are not too cautious while operating the Hi-Lo. Employees have asked management for new equipment but nothing has been done. Employees use broken equipment every day, straining to move carts with broken wheels or use something with a broken handle. 2. While the store ensures that people coming in the store wear a mask, if a customer pulls their mask completely down while they're shopping in most instances nothing is done about it. 3. The propane floor buffers that are used at night are horrendous. Employees have to leave the area when they come through because the fumes coming result in headaches. Employees are concerned regarding carbon monoxide poisoning. They are also not used properly; the floors do not get properly swept resulting in a tremendous amount of dust. It spreads through the whole store and a dusty haze can be seen. The people who operate them will sometimes allow them to idle and walk away for extended periods of time. The buffer will just sit there running until it eventually runs itself out of power after 10+ minutes, all while pumping fumes into the air.
Source: Osha.gov | Receipt Date: 2020-09-21
4 months ago
1. The employer in general has signs that state people should wear a mask but never enforce it. They tell staff (including greeters) to not require someone to wear a mask. Greeters try to get people to wear masks but some refuse and anyone who has attempted... to enforce the lawful mandate would get told not to by management (or management ignores it). 2. In the back stock area of the store, two departments (receiving, general merchandise and fashions on 2nd and 3rd shifts) have to pull heavy pallets of product that are improperly stacked and secure, leading many products to fall off pallets onto the floor or heavy objects to fall onto employees.
Source: Osha.gov | Receipt Date: 2021-04-12
1. Not wearing masks correctly or at all. 2. Cleaning of the facility is not being done.
Source: Osha.gov | Receipt Date: 2021-04-05
4 months ago
1. There is a COVID-19 outbreak. 2. Masks are just now being made mandatory, and they weren't being worn by people before. 3. Cleaning is not being done properly in the departments with the OUTBREAK. 4. Social distancing is not being done properly.
Source: Osha.gov | Receipt Date: 2021-03-22
4 months ago
Meijer has failed to follow MIOSHA COVID-19 Emergency rules and has created an unsafe work environment. - Rule 7 Meijer has failed to designate a work-site COVID-19 safety coordinator to enforce COVID-19 safety rules. - Rule 9 (3) (b) Meijer has failed to require patrons to wear... face coverings (unless the patron is unable medically to tolerate a face covering). - Rule 10 Meijer has failed to provide COVID-19 training to employees
Source: Osha.gov | Receipt Date: 2021-02-09
1. Employees are required to clean the keypay area where customers use credit cards after every customer with a chemical called Triple Play. Bottle states it is harmful if absorbed through the skin. 2. Employees cleaning with no gloves using paper towels, chemicals, and bare hands. 3.... If on a checkout lane, employees can only wash chemicals off their hands after 2 hours when on break.
Source: Osha.gov | Receipt Date: 2020-04-20