Thank you for your report!
IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Goodbye! and best wishes in your recovery
Cascade Lake Beach, 23rd St SW, Rochester, MN 55902, United States
Temporary Closure of Cascade Lake Beach due to high levels of E. coli
4 days ago
The Parks & Recreation Department has been testing the water at Cascade Lake and the bacteria levels were elevated. The specific bacteria that was showing elevation was E. Coli. Excessive rainfall, extreme heat in shallow bodies of water, which Cascade Lake is relatively shallow, and wildlife can... all be common causes for bacteria levels to increase. Parks & Recreation has voluntarily closed the beach until test results return to an acceptable level.
In case you are experiencing E. coli symptoms such as watery diarrhea (often bloody), vomiting; stomach cramps; and mild fever, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Niagara Region Public Health's beach monitoring program operates annually from Victoria Day to Labour Day. The goal of is to reduce the risk of illness and injury associated with attending the beach. As of August 04, 2022, the Niagara Region Public Health has flagged 4 beaches as... unsafe for swimming.
These beaches are:
- Bernard Avenue Beach in Fort Erie is unsafe to swim in due to E. Coli.
- Waverly Beach in Fort Erie is unsafe to swim in due to algae.
- Centennial Cedar Bay Beach in Port Colborne is unsafe to swim in due to algae.
- Nelles Beach in Grimsby is unsafe to swim in due to safety issues.
2 weeks ago
Severe thunderstorms rolled through southeast Minnesota Saturday afternoon and throughout the night, leaving many area residents without power.
Outage link: mnpower.com
2 weeks ago
Rochester Public Utilities is reporting hundreds customers are without power. Storms are moving through Southeast Minnesota. People’s Energy Cooperative is reporting more than 300 customers are without power Saturday afternoon. Xcel Energy is reporting more than 50 customers without power.
Outage link: connectwith.rpu.org
2 weeks ago
The storms rolling thru Southeast Minnesota knocked out power for hundreds and hundreds of customers. People Cooperative shows the largest outages in Olmsted.
Outage link: connectwith.rpu.org
Outage was first reported at 9:41 a.m. Monday. Nearly 2,300 customers are in the dark at this time.
Outage link: connectwith.rpu.org
Rochester Public Utilities has restored power to over 3,000 customers who were left without it Tuesday, June 28, 2022. There were two large outage locations Tuesday evening, according to the map. One outage, which occurred at 5:38 p.m., was located on Second St. SW and Sixth Ave.... SW and left 1,260 customers without power. Another outage that occurred at 5:46 p.m. between East Circle Dr. NE and 48th St. NE left 1,818 customers without power.
Outage link: connectwith.rpu.org
2 months ago
Rochester Public Utilities is trying to resolve power outages in Rochester. One of those areas affected is by Century High School where more than 1,800 people are affected. There are also different power outages throughout the city and impact people near Mayo High School.
Outage link: connectwith.rpu.org ... Source: KAALtv.com
Due to a loss of power at the Beebe Road pump station in Maplewood Monday, Saint Paul Regional Water Services is issuing a boil water advisory for this area. Areas affected are encompassed by:
In the North, Holloway Ave. East, between 7th Ave. E and Division St./Halloway... Ave E
In the East, Geneva Ave. N. – between Conway Ave. E. and Halloway Ave E/Division St
In the South, Conway Ave. East, between Carlton St. N and Geneva Ave. N. and Ave. R
In the West:
Ruth Street N. - between 7th Ave. E and Larpenteur Ave. E.
Winthrop St. N. – Between Larpenteur Ave. E and Hoyt Ave. E.
Idaho Ave. E – between Furness Parkway and Winthrop St. N.
McKnight Rd. N. – between Ivy Ave. E. and Margaret St.'
Recent Interesting Reports
Edgewell Personal Care Company (NYSE: EPC) today issued a voluntary nationwide recall of three batches of Banana Boat Hair & Scalp Sunscreen Spray SPF 30 to the consumer level as outlined in the list below. An internal review found that some samples of the product contained trace... levels of benzene. While benzene is not an ingredient in any Banana Boat products, the review showed that unexpected levels of benzene came from the propellant that sprays the product out of the can. To date, Edgewell has not received any adverse events related to this recall. The products were distributed nationwide in the United States through various retailers and online. Edgewell has notified its retailers to remove any remaining recalled product from shelves.
Benzene is classified as a human carcinogen. Exposure to benzene can occur by inhalation, orally, and through the skin and it potentially can result in cancers including leukemia and blood cancer of the bone marrow and blood disorders which can be life threatening. Benzene is ubiquitous in the environment. Humans around the world have daily exposures to it indoors and outdoors from multiple sources. Daily exposure to benzene in the recalled products would not be expected to cause adverse health consequences according to an independent health assessment using established exposure modeling guidelines.
Importantly, no other batches of Hair & Scalp (either before or after these batch codes) and no other Banana Boat products are in the scope of this recall and may continue to be used by consumers safely and as intended.
UPC: 0-79656-04041-8, DESCRIPTION: Banana Boat Hair & Scalp Spray SPF 30, Lot Code: 20016AF, Expiration: December 2022, Size: 6 oz
UPC: 0-79656-04041-8, DESCRIPTION: Banana Boat Hair & Scalp Spray SPF 30, Lot Code: 20084BF, Expiration: February 2023, Size: 6 oz
UPC: 0-79656-04041-8, DESCRIPTION: Banana Boat Hair & Scalp Spray SPF 30, Lot Code: 21139AF, Expiration: April 2024, Size: 6 oz
The voluntarily recalled sunscreen spray products are packaged in aerosol cans. Banana Boat will also offer reimbursement for consumers who have purchased a product marked with one of the lot codes in the table above. Lot codes are located on the bottom of the can. Consumers should stop using the affected product immediately and appropriately discard.
In case you experienced harm from this product, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance.
Company name: Edgewell Personal Care Company
Brand name: Banana Boat
Product recalled: Hair & scalp sunscreen spray
Reason of the recall: Due to presence of benzene
FDA Recall date: July 29, 2022
3 weeks ago
Encore is recalling Beef Selection in Gravy multipack dog food because the Beef Steak with Potatoes in Gravy tin, within the multipack, may contain small pieces of metal. This product was distributed nationwide in the United Kingdom.
Encore Beef Selection in Gravy (Multipack) (5 tins x 156g)... Batch code: LU1-343
Best before: 09 December 2024
Encore Beef Selection in Gravy (Multipack) (5 tins x 156g)
Batch code: LU1-302
Best before: 29 October 2024
Encore Beef Steak with Potatoes in Gravy (Individual tin) (156g)
Batch code: LU1343D
Best before: December 2024
Pet-owners: We urge customers who have bought this product not to feed it to their dog and return it to the store with or without a receipt from where it was bought for a full refund.
In case your pet experienced harm from extraneous materials, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance.
Company name: Encore
Product recalled: Encore Beef Selection in Gravy (Multipack), Encore Beef Selection in Gravy (Multipack), Encore Beef Steak with Potatoes in Gravy (Individual tin)
FSA Recall date: 07/18/2022
1 day ago
The CFIA announced the recall of raw frozen Primal Patties for Dogs Beef Formula because it may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, posing a risk of cross-contamination and illness after handling the pet food. This product was sold in British Columbia. As of August 2, 2022, the... company has not received any reports of incidents or illness in Canada.
The recalled product is:
- Primal Patties – Beef Formula, 6 lb, Case UPC: 854495006173, Unit UPC: 850334004164, Lot code number: W10068709, Best by date: 05/22/23.
The lot code number and best by date can be found on the back of the product packaging above the Primal Pet Foods Inc. red oval logo. Only lot code number W10068709 is included is this recall.
Animals that become infected with Listeria monocytogenes could display symptoms similar to humans. Listeria monocytogenes can affect animals eating the product, and there is risk to humans from handling the products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to the products.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled product and dispose of the product.
In case you are experiencing Listeria monocytogenes symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Dream bones killed my 11 yr old dog yesterday! Rubie was my life & loved her so much. I gave these bones to her because she loved them & they caused a blockage & perforated her bowel which she became septic & died within 2days. I plan... on destroying every dream bones bag I see in the stores until they stop selling them. I can only hope by doin this it might save atleast one dogs life. SAVE A DOG & DESTROY THESE BONES!!
I am a resident of 817 Rose Lane and over a period of nearly 4 weeks I’ve reported a dead branch on a tree on the parkway hanging over my driveway and street. It nearly scrapes the top of my car and my lawncare people have to... duck the branch to cut my grass. This is dangerous and I have had no active response from public works. Spoke to someone from public works and city hall with no results 3 times.
So last week I burned my hand severely and told the manager when I seen her a few days after and she basically went about saying there’s nothing she or the other manager could do about it. Working as a cook at a local wingstop the other... night burning my hand in the process I asked around and everybody said there’s no treatment or anything so I just tried to finish out the shift over the next couple days I notice the discolorations on my skin stemming from the burn so I brought it up to my general manager and she said it was no documentation to sign or anything I found that to be very odd
2 weeks ago
The CDC announced that they are currently investigating a multistate outbreak of Salmonella Stanley infections linked to Small Turtles. As of July 19, 2022, a total of 15 people infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Stanley have been reported from 11 states (FL, IA, KS, MA,... NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA and WA), of the 12 people with information available, 5 (42%) have been hospitalized and no deaths have been reported. Illnesses started on dates ranging from January 3, 2022, to June 24, 2022.
Many people in this outbreak reported purchasing turtles with shells less than 4 inches long from online stores before getting sick. Three people in this outbreak purchased their turtles from a website called myturtlestore.com. The same strain of Salmonella making people sick in this outbreak was also found on turtles purchased from myturtlestore.com.
Pet turtles of any size can carry Salmonella germs in their droppings even if they look healthy and clean. These germs can easily spread to their bodies, tank water, and anything in the area where they live and roam. You can get sick from touching your turtle or anything in its environment and then touching your mouth or food with unwashed hands and swallowing Salmonella germs.
Do not buy small turtles with shells less than 4 inches long. A federal law bans the sale of these small turtles as pets, because they have caused many Salmonella outbreaks, but they are sometimes available for sale online and at stores, flea markets, and roadside stands.
The CDC advises always taking these steps to stay healthy around your pet turtle:
- Always wash hands thoroughly with soap and water right after touching or feeding your turtle and after touching or cleaning the area where it lives and roams.
- Don’t kiss or snuggle your turtle, and don’t eat or drink around it. This can spread Salmonella germs to your mouth and make you sick.
- Keep your turtle out of your kitchen and other areas where you eat, store, or prepare food.
- Clean your turtle supplies outside the house, if possible. These supplies may include its tank, toys, and feeders.
- If you clean the supplies indoors, don’t clean them in the kitchen or other areas where you eat or prepare food. Use a laundry sink or bathtub, and thoroughly clean and disinfect the area right after.
In case you are experiencing Salmonella symptoms such as diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Vi-Jon, LLC Magnesium Citrate Saline Laxative Oral Solution - recalled due to Microbial contamination, USA
3 weeks ago
Smyrna, TN, Vi-Jon, LLC is expanding its voluntary recall to include all lots of Magnesium Citrate Saline Laxative Oral Solution Lemon Flavor, 10 FL OZ (296 mL) within expiry to the consumer level. The product was distributed Nationwide to wholesale and retail outlets. To date, Vi-Jon, LLC... has received one report of an adverse reaction potentially related to this recall.
The recall was initiated after 3rd Party and Vi-Jon, LLC microbial testing identified the presence of Gluconacetobacter liquefaciens.
Risk Statement: Immunocompromised patients, who consume this product, may be at increased risk for invasive infections caused by Gluconacetobacter liquefaciens that could lead to serious, life-threatening adverse health consequences.
Vi-Jon, LLC is in the process of investigating this report. The product is used for relief of occasional constipation (irregularity) and generally produces bowel movement in ½ to 6 hours. The product is packaged in a 10 oz clear round plastic bottle.
The affected brands of Magnesium Citrate Laxative Oral Solution Lemon Flavor manufactured at Vi-Jon, LLC in Smyrna, TN are:
- Affected Brand: BEST CHOICE 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 63941-533-38. UPC # 70038200499.
- Affected Brand: CARE ONE 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 72476-001-38. UPC # 341520313226.
- Affected Brand: CARIBA 10OZ LEMON MAG CITRATE. NDC # 67860-166-38. UPC # 646702057012.
- Affected Brand: CRUZ BLANC 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # N/A. UPC # 308697403082.
- Affected Brand: CVS 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 63868-929-38. UPC # 50428335178.
- Affected Brand: CVS 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 69842-983-38. UPC # 50428305942.
- Affected Brand: DISCOUNT DRUG MART 10OZ LEMON MAG CITRATE. NDC # 53943-166-38. UPC # 93351028205.
- Affected Brand: EQUALINE 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 41163-709-38. UPC # 41163500679.
- Affected Brand: EQUATE 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT SRP. NDC # 49035-506-38. UPC # 681131287142.
- Affected Brand: EXCHANGE SELECT 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 55301-166-38. UPC # 614299404205.
- Affected Brand: FAMILY WELLNESS 10OZ LEMON CITRATE. NDC # 55319-666-38. UPC # 32251580826.
- Affected Brand: GOOD SENSE 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 50804-166-38. UPC # 846036007374.
- Affected Brand: HARRIS TEETER 10OZ LEMON MAG CITRATE. NDC # 72036-002-38. UPC # 72036726124.
- Affected Brand: HEB 10OZ LEMON MAG CITRATE. NDC # 37808-769-38. UPC # 41220510863.
- Affected Brand: HEALTH MART 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 62011-0380-1. UPC # 52569142158.
- Affected Brand: KROGER 10OZ LEMON MAG CITRATE. NDC # 30142-899-38. UPC # 41260001826.
- Affected Brand: LEADER 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 70000-0424-1. UPC # 96295135541.
- Affected Brand: MAJOR 10OZ LEMON MAG CITRATE. NDC # 0904-6787-44. UPC # 309046787440.
- Affected Brand: MEIJER 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 41250-708-38. UPC # 713733459457.
- Affected Brand: PREMIER VALUE 10OZ LOW SOD LEM CIT. NDC # 68016-696-38. UPC # 840986035302.
- Affected Brand: PUBLIX 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 56062-266-38. UPC # 41415506732.
- Affected Brand: QUALITY CHOICE 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 63868-929-38. UPC # 635515901254.
- Affected Brand: REXALL 10OZ LEMON MAG CITRATE. NDC # 55910-183-38. UPC # 72785134188.
- Affected Brand: RITE AID 10OZ LEMON CITRATE. NDC # 11822-4330-2. UPC # 11822433006.
- Affected Brand: SIGNATURE CARE 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 21130-709-38. UPC # 321130779155.
- Affected Brand: SOUND BODY 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 50594-166-38. UPC # 72785114791.
- Affected Brand: SUNMARK 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 70677-0051-1. UPC # 10939908445.
- Affected Brand: SWAN 10OZ LEMON MAG CITRATE. NDC # 0869-0166-38. UPC # 72785134058.
- Affected Brand: TOPCARE 10OZ LEMON MAG CITRATE. NDC # 36800-709-38. UPC # 36800455290.
- Affected Brand: UP&UP 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 11673-708-38. UPC # 72785128835.
- Affected Brand: UP&UP 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 11673-666-38. UPC # 72785128835.
- Affected Brand: WALGREENS 10OZ LEMON MAG CIT. NDC # 0363-8166-38. UPC # 311917201603.
Vi-Jon, LLC is continuing their investigation into the cause of the problem. This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Company name: Vi-Jon, LLC
Brand name: Multiple brand names
Product recalled: Magnesium Citrate Saline Laxative Oral Solution, Lemon Flavor
Reason of the recall: Microbial contamination with Gluconacetobacter liquefaciens
FDA Recall date: July 15, 2022
Last 30 days